Meeting of the partners of the «ΣymansiS Resilience Project» and production of the first lab.
CCI Initiative for Youth: Collaboration in a Challenging World
Σymansis Lab for teenagers 16 – 24
Children Support Centre of Eleusis
Date: Saturday 23rd of June
Duration: 4.30 hours
Language: English – Greek
A project organized by NPO MESO Events in collaboration with the University of Highlands & Islands, the Global Challenge Research Fund Project, the European Research Agency For Cultural Clusters (EURICCA), the Hellenic network of the European Music Day, the Children Support Centre of Eleusis and Eleusis2021 organization.
The aim of this laboratory is to bring together a collaborative interdisciplinary team from Humanities Arts and Culture Cluster and Society, Identity, Landscape, and Knowledge Cluster with 20 youngsters (from disadvantaged families and refugees or Migrants families) to support analysis of, and action in, resilience factors in the lives of young people and communities in the Official Development Assistance (ODA) Framework categories.
11.00 – 12.30: Team Building
Presentation of partners and of Initiative background. Introduction on workshop programme and goals
- Mark Sheridan UHI Reader In Music and Creativity, Co-Chair HARC Steering Group, Chair CCI KE Group
- Georges Pyrounakis member of the board Children Support Centre of Eleusis
12.30 -13.45. Workshop sessions
- Jenny England, musician, composer and educator, UHI and Roma Tre
- Peter Noble, composer, director and education, leader CCI NHC UHI
- Alexandra Boti, Musician, Cahorn Keys band member, facilitator and member of the board of ESMA Carl Orff Greek Association
- Nicky Pyrounakis CSCE stakeholder and Facilitator
Translators & Facilitators:
- Myrto Bolota, Social worker, Social economy and amongst others, ARSIS Association for the Social Support of Youth partner
- Christina Jackson Musician, Cahorn Keys band member, Music Teacher and Facilitator
- Olympia Agalianou, Dpt. of Philosophy, Pedagogy, Psychology (U. of Athens), Εuropean University Cyprus, Dancer, choreographer, Vice-president of Hellenic Association of Orff-Schulwerk.
- Eleni Kalara, Performer, Artistic Director, Actress and Social Worker
13.45 – 14.30 Networking Lunch Break
14.30 – 17.30 Workshop sessions
17.30 – 20.30 Break
20.30 (approx.) ΣymansiS Live
Presentation of creative results of the workshops during EMD Eleusina 2018 music events